Sunday, April 22, 2012

We are starships

There was this time that I was really confused for one thing. Should I still join the team for the Summerkadahan Cheerdance Competition or should I just sacrifice and take a rest already? All I did was ask for a sign from God. I even asked my classmates and friends. A number of them told me, "no". Because they think I need to rest already and have some good time. In my heart, I wanted to do it for the last time. In my mind, I don't want to maybe because I'm tired and needs a lot of rest. But God answered my prayer and He answered the sign that I've been asking. I asked God for one reason, I know He knows everything. :)

As the saying goes, "Follow your heart.". Indeed, I followed God what He said to me and I followed my heart. Thank God I followed my heart. If I didn't, my summer would be boring and I don't know. But to be honest, before the NCC, I've been telling myself that I should stop already. NCC would be the last and I'm not gonna join the team in Summerkadahan already. And my friends knew that, I have told them. I guess the NCC after-results was the way of convincing myself of joining the team for the Summerkadahan. Yes, I wanted to make "bawi" with the team. ;)

We have only prepared the whole routine for 2 weeks and 3 days. Yes I am serious. And in 2 weeks and 3 days, I have to make sure that I will cherish every moment during practices. Because somehow I knew that the days are getting over, days of being a cheerleader. :)

I just love the idea and fact that we're no longer afraid to try new routines except for one thing, the back tuck toss- but don't worry! We were able to learn that routine faster than we've expected. I'm not bragging it but I'm just being honest. I swear, I didn't expect that we could learn that in just like 5 minutes. It is difficult when you see or just watch it thru video but when you're the one doing it? Ha! Way more fun. When the whole routine was finished and the only thing we should do already is to polish everything and do run-thrus. Every time we'll have a run-thru, we're almost doing it good when we are not exhausted anymore. But when time comes that we're feeling exhausted, what more to expect? :D

But anyway, even tho we've been thru ups and downs during practices, we still tend to overcome about it. We still make sure that we'll end the day something productive. I guess sometimes. :)

I'll tell you a story. There's this one time, sir Jerome was close of backing-out for the competition. For only one reason, some would not attend the practice. And in that case, how can we perform or do this or that routine if we're not complete? Especially our pyramid stunts, those three pyramid stunts that we have are the most important stunts in the whole routine. So yeah. It came to the point that Sir Jerome and ate Mhyca really wanted to give up the whole thing. But we all know God didn't want us and He'll not let this thing happen. It was Saturday when Sir Jerome told us his plans. We all did not wanted this happening so what we did is, we texted all the other members and tried to convinced them as possible as we can. Good thing it worked out. Why? When we had our practice (it was Monday), I was like "wow! Kumpleto nga lahat". So I became happier a little inside of me knowing that Sir Jerome would like this. And yes, he appreciated it. :)

That's just one of our "down" moments. Anyway, I just remembered that. You don't know how many "down" moments already we had. Don't worry, "down" moments will never beat our "up" moments. Ha! Of course, we are one big happy family. That's why we're having a hard time to move on. Since I can't do anything, yes I am moving on already. Lol. I may be anywhere without them, but they will always be with me in my heart. Naks! ;)

Our performance last Saturday (April 14, 2012) at the Lagao Gym for Summerkadahan Cheerdance Competition 2012 was considered our Farewell Dance since a lot of the members are graduates including myself. So, since it's our Farewell Dance- I wanted this dance to be something worth to remember. Indeed it was. And I just couldn't believe it, until now. But don't worry, I am moving on already. :)

For me, this routine was my favorite from all of the routines that we had performed. I considered this routine as the best and just simply different. I could tell that we were not able to limit our routine, it was because of the "level-6 rule". Actually, we even more like the "level-6 rule" than "level-5 rule". Dude, level-6 rule is way more fun, just to be honest. Haha.

And in this routine, I could tell that this is really tiring but at the same time it was fun. You know what's the other reason why I really like, no LOVE this routine? It was because I have numbers of part in this routine. Thank you ate Mhyca and Sir Jerome for giving me some spot for the last time. In that case, I couldn't believe that I was able to do the stunts and the toss and everything. Thank you God. :)

Oh! I'm sorry I blog too much. I'll show you guys already the routine that I really really love and will never ever forget- our Farewell Dance :'( :





I swear to God, I'll surely miss this whole thing. I have mentioned tons of times already, I know. I just can't stop saying it. Guys you know this was my FIRST & LAST of experiencing cheerleading thing. It's okay! At least it was one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Btw, before I'll end this blogpost. I'll share some photos with captions. Aryt? :)

Girls with ate Mhyca and Abbie who wasn't able to join us for the competition. Obviously, as you can see in the photo. :)

I will miss these girls! :'(

Btw, Abbie is one of us also. Her left arm was fractured two days before the competition. Too bad, she wasn't able to join us already. She cried a lot, not because of the pain but because of missing the chance of joining the last/farewell dance. At least, she was still there to support and cheered for us even tho she's still not allowed to go out of the house. Thank you so much Abbie! We love you. Get well soon. And I'll miss you too. :)

Last company call.

Opening ceremony :)

Paulyne, truly yours, ate Meg and Glaiza- Ate Meg, Glaiza and I just finished our journey in cheerleading world. How sad but that's the reality. Just like what ate Meg said, "we're not cheerleaders anymore but we're still cheerleaders in our hearts." And that's a thumbs-up! She's right :)

Well, I guess that's awkward for me -_-

Good times! I will miss this. 

Last group photo. The best batch. Actually that's not even the whole team. There are some who didn't continue their journey in cheerleading anymore but in our hearts & minds, they're still our teammates. Special mentions are: Abbie (because of her fractured arm)Guilever, Edison, Klent, Rabin, Chow, Wilson, Rani, VladIra, Abao and Montheo.

I only shared those photos that are my favorites. Yeah. I will really miss this. Oopps! Mentioned it tons of times, I know. Sorry about that. I just can't take it. ;)

Now, for some of you I guess are wondering why I entitled this as "We are starships", right? I know you know the song "Starship" by Nicki Minaj. Yes, hence the title. I guess the song perfectly fits for us. Well, every time we have our company call. We usually shout, "Kingfisher, Fly High!". And the lyrics of the song goes like this; "Starships were meant to fly. Hands up and touch the sky. Can't stop cause we're so high, let's do this one more time". I just love this song and I thought that this song really fits for us. 



Am I right? or am I right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment